Stay Home and Sanitize Your Clippers
We have been hearing this order for weeks now, “stay home”. Our planet is facing a historical pandemic and it has affected businesses, lives, and the health of many. Take this time to stay home and disinfect your nail tools.
Bacteria is all around us. Anytime you get a cut or wound your prone to infections and can face serious health circumstances because it provides an entry way for germs. To prevent this from happening it is essential to clean our nail tools after each use and sanitize after 4 uses. If you share your nail tools with others be sure to sanitize, not just clean, after each use. To clean your tools simply scrub them with soap and water and then allow them to dry before placing them away. This includes your clippers, cuticle pusher and nippers, nail filers, and callus removing tools. Below are directions to sanitize your nail tools so start gathering them up and follow these simple and easy directions to get started:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED: TIME:
- Metal or glass tools you plan to disinfect 25 minutes
- Paper towels
- Place your tools in the pot and fill it with water.
- Boil your water and let tools submerge in the pot for a minimum of 20 minutes. Be sure to keep the lid off the pot and I like to bring my water down to medium heat once it has boiled.
- After 20 minutes use tongs to gather one tool at a time, rinse the tool under sink water, and then place the tool on a clean paper towel to dry.
- Once your tools are dry keep them wrapped in a new, dry paper towel or designated bag specifically for your nail tools.
- Stay home (during this pandemic) and enjoy your sanitized nail tools!
Once you completed this step be sure to wash your tongs and pot with a disinfectant spray. I like to use (and am in no way sponsoring) thieves all-purpose household cleaner. https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/thieves-household-cleaner
Now your tools are clean and free of germs for the next usage. Enjoy!